The lock-up in North Street, Haworth was demolished towards the end of the 20th century.
It had latterly been used as a shop and a picture of it can be seen at :
The lock-up in the 'Last of the Summer Wine' village of Holmfirth in West Yorkshire, is in Daisy Lane behind the Holy Trinity Church, HD9 1RP. Known as 'Th'owd Towser' it is a listed building. As the blue plaque tells us, it stands on the site of the original church lock-up built in or soon after 1597. It was rebuilt in the early 19th century and served as a lock-up and watch room on the upper floor and the large lower floor as a mortuary and fire/ambulance station.
It was Grade 11 listed 4.8.1983 and described as :
Former detached lock up. Early C19. Hammer dressed stone. Stone slate roof. Two
storeys. North elevation: large carriage doorway with massive stone lintel supported
on rounded padstones. Doorway to east and south elevtions (the latter blocked). West
elevation: first floor has narrow slit opening with vertical bar .
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.